Academic Excellence and Innovation
Experts in their fields, York College professors go beyond the textbook to guide students' learning through hands-on projects and collaborative research with community partners. As teacher-researchers, our faculty convey and exemplify the value of experimentation and critical thinking to yield intellectual discovery. This passion for thoughtful inquiry and engaged discovery through teaching-centered research is the cornerstone of York College's student-focused brand. At York College, results matter. And our professors diligently guide students toward that end with every class. Investments in academic excellence and innovation support academic programs, lectures and awards, student research/student internships/student co-ops, faculty development, innovation grants for new programming, and the Civil Engineering Center building.
Lectures and Awards
York College is renowned for presenting lectures through our Cultural Series, Woodrow Wilson Visiting Fellows Program, and the annual Chloé Eichelberger Business Education Series. Distinguished speakers entertain, educate, and enlighten members of the campus and regional communities, adding to the College’s prestige, appeal to prospective attendees, and ability to enhance the curriculum of current students. Further, awards, such as the Faculty Teaching Mentoring Award, and student stipends, allow faculty and student recognition within our campus.Give Now
The internship has been an awesome learning experience. They treat me like I am part of the team. My internship is leading me into the field with a lot of valuable experience.”
- CIVIL ENGINEERING CENTER: $2.5 million for the building naming with various naming opportunities within
- FACULTY SUPPORT: Deans – $3 million to name
- FACULTY SUPPORT: Department Chair – $2 million to name
- FACULTY SUPPORT: Professorships – $1 million to name
- FACULTY SUPPORT: Visiting Professorship or Faculty Scholar - minimum of $250,000 to endow, or $12,500 annually for a minimum of 3 years
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS: School – 3 available, $5 million to name Program – minimum of $25,000 to endow, or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS: Program – Minimum of $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- LECTURES AND AWARDS: Lectureship – Minimum of $500,000 to endow or $25,000 annually for 5 years
- LECTURES AND AWARDS: Award – Minimum of $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- INNOVATION FUND AND GRANTS: Minimum $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- STUDENT RESEARCH, INTERNSHIPS, AND CO-OPS: Minimum of $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Stipends for Community-Minded Programs – Minimum $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Summer Research Funds – Minimum $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Summer Fellows – Minimum $25,000 to endow or $2,000 annually for 5 years
Student Research, Internships, and Co-Ops
A point of distinction for York College is the number of ways we engage our students with the outside world, both on and off-campus, through experiential learning. Students participate in mentored research, project-based learning, and hands-on internships, clinical, and co-ops across disciplines with community partners. They experience an education that integrates career preparation with a strong liberal arts foundation.
Enthusiastic and engaged, our faculty are passionate about both teaching their subjects, and supporting, guiding, and mentoring their students. They are devoted to providing a balance of skills-based learning in the traditional classroom, through student research, lectures, and with conference opportunities; and experiential learning through campus and community engagement.