York College's student-athletes represent the dedication and discipline necessary to race down a court or across a field, working with teammates to achieve a common (or literal) goal. They strive to reiterate these qualities across other tiers of student life, balancing their academic schedules with their sports commitments. The results of this diligence are fantastic. Over the years, our student-athletes have continued to be one of the most visible and positive elements of York College. Moreover, our ability to compete for conference championships each year and position ourselves for national success inspires student-athletes to reach their full potential in extraordinary and holistic ways. Investments in Spartan athletics include facility opportunities, endowment opportunities, and support of our coaches.
Being able to play two sports at York College is something I don't take for granted. The relationships I have made with teammates, athletic trainers, and coaching staffs have carried me through my toughest physical and mental challenges. Being involved in both programs has allowed me to grow as an individual in aspects outside of sports. Because I had the opportunity of being a multi-sport Spartan, I not only became a better athlete, but a better person that prioritizes cooperation, dedication and leadership.
- Tennis Facility – multiple naming opportunities available
- Intramural/Club Practice/Competition Field – $300,000-$500,000
- Athletic Equipment and Storage – $50,000
- Wolf Gymnasium Videoboard – $75,000
- Track Lane Naming Opportunities – $10,000 per lane
- Increased Video/Media for Practices and Competition – $25,000
- Athletic Facilities – minimum of $25,000 to endow, or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- Varsity Sport Programmatic Endowment – minimum of $25,000 to endow, or $2,000 annually for 5 years
- Head Coaches Endowment – minimum of $500,000
- Assistant Coaches Endowment – minimum of $250,000
Return on Investment
With more than 460 student-athletes (approximately 11.5% of the undergraduate population), our Spartans often represent some of our strongest academic achievers as well, at times achieving higher retention graduation rates compared to the general student body. Improving the on-field activities of these students will allow York College to continue to compete at ongoing high levels.